First off, thank you so much to Roxy for nominating me for the reader appreciation award! Her blog is one of my favorites to read. I admire the honesty in her writing and drawings, whether its about her recovery, her relationships or her inner geek (I am one too…) Her comments have been very helpful and encouraging, and I thank her for that too!
The Steps to Take, Preferably with Joy:
1. Include the award logo somewhere in your blog.
2. Answer these 10 questions, below, for fun if you want to.
3. Nominate 10 to 12 blogs you enjoy. Or you pick the number.
4. Pay the love forward: Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been included and invited to participate.
5. Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
1. What is your favorite color?
Blue or yellow-orange.
2. What is your favorite animal?
I’ve always loved cheetahs. They are athletic, fast, smart, beautiful. I actually have no idea if cheetahs are smart, but I’ve always imagined them to be so.
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
Coffee. I started to drink coffee when I was about 7 when my mom would pour a little of hers into my milk (hence, coffee-milk). I loved the smell and the taste and drinking it made me so grown up. Since then, the ratio has reversed. I like mine strong and dark, splash of milk, no sugar.
4. Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter?
I use them for very different things, but I’m going to have to go with Facebook. What’s better than creeping on people you used to know? But really, I don’t use it a ton, but I like how it has helped me stay in touch with so many people.
5. What is your favorite pattern?
I’ve never given this much thought, but I guess either spirals, or squares. Then again, those are more shapes than patterns, so I’ll have to keep thinking on that one.
6. Do you prefer giving or getting presents?
Not gonna lie, I prefer getting presents. I also love giving them, but I always worry that they won’t like whatever I’ve picked out.
7. What is your favorite number?
When my grandpa turned 37, my mom wrote his age on every single piece of underwear he owned. My grandma, of course, didn’t replace them, so my grandpa went around wearing underwear branded with the number. I have loved this family legend since I was little, always hoping I could come up with something equally clever. And so, my favorite number is 37.
8. What is your favorite day of the week?
Sunday. I love Sundays because I give myself permission to be lazy, read the paper, do the crossword. It is a day when I don’t have to change out of my pjs or put in my contacts. It is the day to play board games or read books in big chairs.
9. What is your favorite flower?
The rose. Beauty and the Beast, bouquets at the end of performances, who I am named after. Really, there is no other choice.
10. What’s your passion?
Right now, I don’t know. I’m still trying to figure it out. French, ballet, spending time with other people, wandering around museums, playing scrabble, reading a great book, laughing, doing almost any craft—these are all things that I love. But I don’t know if any of these things are my passion. I keep thinking that my true passion is out there, waiting to be found. But in reality, it is probably something that is already right in front of me, I just haven’t noticed it yet.
Some (or all) of these writers may choose to not participate in this award process but I still want this chance to help you to find these blogs and perhaps be inspired by what they contain, if you haven’t found them already. I’m choosing to nominate 3. Enjoy!
1. http://rewritinglife.net/ Kaleigh’s writing is beautiful. She was also one of the first people to reach out to me through this blog, and has been very encouraging. She also is working on some really cool projects like HUGstronger.
2. http://fightingmywayback.wordpress.com Kate has a great blog. I identify a lot with what she writes about, and always enjoy reading it.
3. http://xliviex.tumblr.com/ Livie is one of the strongest and most inspiring people I know. I am truly grateful for all of her support and friendship. Her blog is also great. Definitely worth the trip over to Tumblr.